What is a paradox or a statement that appears to contradict itself
1. Jumbo shrimp
2. Beginning of the end
3. "I can resist anything but temptation" -Oscar Wilde
What is satire or a text/performance that uses irony, derision, or wit to expose or attack human vice, foolishness, or stupidity
1. "Weekend Update" with Seth Meyers
2. "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart
3. "The Colbert Report" with Robert Colbert
What is slippery slope or a fallacy of argument exaggerating the possibility that a relatively inconsequential action or choice today will have serious adverse consequences in the future
1. If you go to the party than you will be out late. You will make decisions you regret and end up doing something that can't be fixed.
2. Wearing your pants too low will cause hip pain. The hip pain could lead to more serious consequences and you mig
What is Red Herring: faulty analogy or a fallacy of argument in which a comparison between two objects or concepts is inaccurate or inconsequential
1. Bars are similar to churches. They both must create a revenue in order to stack up to numerous competitors.
2. Homework is like vegetables. They are not joyous activities, but they both help one to prosper.